Lead Vocalist, founder, songwriter, sometimes guitarist, sometimes other stuff...
Jason is currently working on a project called Lost Anthem, a pop-rock outfit also featuring Jimmy Detalente, formerly of The Frantics. They've been together for a few years now, and things are going quite well for the band. Check out their site for more details.Alan Moore
Keyboards, sometimes songwriter, sometimes guitar, sometimes background vocals, once-time rapper (ugh, sorry)
After a couple of years of trying to break into production, composition, and keyboard work in Nashville, Alan has pretty much given up music and gone into computers. He still occasionally throws something together under the name Lykwyd Chykyn (don't ask), but it's getting rarer.
Some of our many other esteemed (and one or two not-so-esteemed, sadly) members over the years include:
- Guitar: Justin Patton, Seth Kemp, Jimmy Detalente, Aaron Chandler
- Bass: Aaron Olvey, Randy Land, Christian Holihan
- Drums: Jeff Braun, Brett Clark, Jeremy Edmondson, Jason Fowler, Matt Dolan, Zach Fisher
- Non-members who played on some of our recordings (in no particular order): Sal Salvador, Mike Acevedo, Terry Adkins, Barry Graul, Matt Pierson, Chris Estes, Tommy Collier, Jim Cooper, Nick Gregory, Brian Wagner, Mark Wiggam, Tim Smith, Gary Mielke, Scott Mercer, Todd Olsen.
If any of you esteemed or not-so esteemed members (it's all good, fellas; water under the bridge...) have a homepage, drop me a note and I link your name to it. Especially if it's music-related. Also, if you were in SpinAround and I forgot, let me know that as well!
PLEASE!! If you're a former member, fan, roadie, or in any other way affiliated with SA, feel free to send me pictures, thoughts, memories, corrections, or whatever, so that I can add to this site. It's amazing to think, but I don't even have a copy of all our songs!
Member NotesA few odd notes or updates on various former members:
- I saw Zach Fisher last year at a birthday party and discovered that he, like me, has surrendered to his inner geek and become a programmer. Unlike me, he's also still very active in recording and performing music. I linked to his website above, check it out.
- My sources in Evansville tell me that Jeff Braun is still actively playing drums for the worship band at Bethel Temple. If you have a hankering for his drumming, you might catch him there playing for "the edge" service.
- I recently spotted Randy Land's smilin' mug on a Computers Plus advertisement while visiting family in Evansville. I subsequently found this website for the store where you can also see his pic. With Randy, Zach, and me, that makes three confirmed cases of IT career amongst former members. I suspect Aaron Chandler will follow, if he hasn't started already.
- Jason Fowler has gone on to bigger and better things in the field of artist management. He had been manager of the band Pillar for several years and started Jason Fowler and Associates managment agency. I have scoured the web for a website and turned up nothing, though, and I see nothing about him or his company on the Pillar website, so I have no idea what is up with him these days. I guess there's no reason to suspect he's not their manager any more, but you know how the business is. Well, maybe you don't...
- As mentioned above and elsewhere on this site, Jason McKinney and Jimmy Detalente's band Lost Anthem is doing pretty well, getting a fair amount of airplay around Evansville and some other spots in the US; I don't keep up too much because the envy would probably turn me permanently green.
- Could the Jeremy Edmondson I found on this page possibly be our Jeremy? As best I can recall (terrible memory for faces), he looks a good bit like him.
- A search for Aaron Chandler brought this lovely picture into my browser window. It looks a bit like him, though I can't quite tell if it's the same Chandler. If it's not him, it's still a pretty good representation of what Chandler was like after 12 hours in a van.